MGSC3317 Sample Quiz #2
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Pick the one alternative that greatest completes the statement or perhaps answers the question.
1) An organization's method strategy
A) will have long-run impact on performance and creation. B) is the same as its modification strategy.
C) must satisfy various constraints, including expense.
D) is concerned with just how resources are transformed into goods and services. E) All the above are true.
2) Three types of processes are
A) goods, companies, and mixed-style models.
B) manual, automated, and service.
C) process focus, repetitive focus, and item focus.
D) modular, constant, and technological.
E) input, transformation, and output.
3) Which from the following industrial sectors is likely to include low tools utilization? A) auto developing
B) beer making
C) television making
E) chemical substance processing
4) A product-focused process is usually used to produce
A) high-volume, high-variety items.
B) low-volume, high-variety products.
C) high-volume, low-variety goods.
D) low-variety products in either high- or low-volume.
E) high-volume products of either high- or low-variety.
5) What kind of the next products is most probably made in a career shop environment? A) personalized furniture
B) graphite pencils
C) television sets
E) McDonald's hamburgers
6) A successful TQM program contains all of the subsequent except A) continuous improvement.
B) career involvement.
D) centralized decision-making authority.
E) non-e in the above, an excellent TQM plan incorporates all of the above
7) Costs of dissatisfaction, restoration costs, and warranty costs are portions of cost in the A) Taguchi Loss Function.
B) Pareto chart.
C) ISO 9000 Quality Expense Calculator.
D) process graph and or chart.
E) non-e of the previously mentioned
8) The assumptions essential for a successful item layout incorporate all of the following except A) adequate volume for excessive equipment usage.
B) standardised product.
C) volatile merchandise demand.
D) All of the previously mentioned are appropriate presumptions.
E) None of the above are appropriate assumptions.
9) Design strategy that deals with low-volume, high-variety creation is A) fixed-position layout.
B) selling layout.
C) warehouse structure.
D) workplace layout.
E) non-e in the above.
10) In mass service and service manufacturer quadrants with the service process matrix, the operations director could give attention to all of the following except A) automation.
C) tight top quality control.
D) removing some services.
11) The fixed-position layout will be most appropriate by which of the following cases? A) fast-food restaurant
B) a doctor's office
C) a gourmet cafe
D) building a Boeing 777
E) none from the above
12) Examples of the effect of technology on companies include A) debit cards.
B) supermarket readers.
C) satellite-directed navigation systems.
D) electronic lodge key/lock devices.
E) all of the above
13) Which of the following holds true regarding the idea of flexibility? A) It is the capacity to change production rates with little penalty in time, price, or customer value. B) It can be completed with complex electronic tools. C) It might involve modular, movable, even cheap equipment. D) All of the above happen to be true.
E) None of the above will be true.
14) Design ability is the
A) average output that can be accomplished under ideal conditions. B) actual production over a specified time period.
C) maximum usable capacity of a particular service.
D) optimum output of any system in a given period.
E) the capability a firm needs to achieve presented the current functioning constraints.
15) Which in the following is usually false regarding...